Viewing Cloud Resources through CSP Looking Glass
This topic describes the Cloud Service Provider (CSP) Looking Glass that provides visibility into your cloud resources, facilitating cloud orchestration not only to the cloud but through the cloud as well.
This single pane of glass visibility helps you create and manage cloud connections by providing the cloud service details needed to set up a successful connection to the provider in the Megaport ONE Portal. You no longer need to switch to the provider console for details. For example, while setting up an AWS connection, the Looking Glass retrieves the account details from Amazon and displays them in the CSP Looking Glass. Copy the details to set up the connection without leaving the Megaport ONE Portal.
You must log in to the Megaport ONE Portal using the same account credentials used for your CSP account to allow the Looking Glass to retrieve and display your cloud resource details. Child tenant accounts that do not have cloud credentials are unable to view cloud resources through the CSP Looking Glass.
The CSP Looking Glass provides resources for these CSP deployments:
- AWS Virtual Private Cloud for VIF and Hosted Connections
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Private Cloud and ExpressRoute
- Google Cloud Platform Virtual Private Cloud and GCP Partner Interconnect
- Oracle Cloud Virtual Cloud Network and Fast Connect
What the Looking Glass tells you
The Looking Glass answers questions such as:
- What are the VIFs associated with my AWS connection?
- What is the connection ID for my AWS Direct Connect connection?
- What is the autonomous system number (ASN) on the Amazon side of my Direct Connect Virtual Interface?
- What is my service key for the Azure Express Route Circuit?
- What is my pairing key for Google Cloud Platform?
Viewing the Looking Glass
Megaport ONE retrieves the CSP resource information from the provider and displays the details in the CSP Looking Glass. The cloud resources are available only after you have provisioned one or more connections to a CSP and have logged in using the same credentials used with the CSP. For details, see Adding Credentials.
The CSP resources displayed in the Looking Glass are read-only fields retrieved from your preconfigured provider account.
To view the Looking Glass
- Log in to the Megaport ONE Portal.
- Choose Tools > CSP Looking Glass then select a CSP from the View Resources drop-down menu.
The Looking Glass displays the cloud resources for the provider, including its logo, the resource name, type, region, and owner account ID number.
To sort the table by column
- Click the up or down triangle next to a column heading.
The table columns reload, if necessary.
- Click the triangle in the heading again to reverse the order.
The triangle reflects the current bidirectional sort order.
To display cloud resource details
- Click a resource name.
The information displayed varies by provider and the connection type. The values reflect the current configuration.
To copy a cloud resource to the clipboard
- Mouse over the resource and click the clipboard icon next to the resource name.
Viewing cloud resource details
AWS Virtual Private Cloud for VIF and Hosted Connections – see Viewing AWS Cloud Resources Through CSP Looking Glass.
Microsoft Azure Virtual Private Cloud and ExpressRoute – see Viewing Azure Cloud Resources Through CSP Looking Glass.
Google Cloud Platform Virtual Private Cloud and GCP Partner Interconnect – see Viewing Google Cloud Resources Through CSP Looking Glass.
Oracle Cloud Virtual Cloud Network and Fast Connect – see Viewing Oracle Cloud Resources Through CSP Looking Glass.