Enabling Billing Markets
Before you can order services in a region, you need to enable a billing market. We recommend that you enable multiple markets to cover your business needs. Each billing market will receive its own standalone invoice for that billing entity.
On the Billing Markets page, you can:
- View all enabled markets
- View the currency for each market
- View the number of Megaport-enabled locations in each market
- View invoices for each market
- Download invoice statements
- Edit billing market details
To enable a billing market
- Log in to the Megaport ONE Portal.
- Choose Tenant > Billing Markets.
- Under the Actions column, click Enable to enable a new billing market.
Complete all fields for the chosen billing market:
Billing Currency – The billing currency for this market. Note that once you have chosen a currency for the billing market, it cannot be changed. See the Accepted Currencies table below for details.
Billing Contact Details – The name, phone, and email address for the billing contact. Use commas to separate multiple email addresses.
Specify the Billing Address details:
Address Details – For the Billing Address, enter the business location where the key decision makers who procure and provision Megaport services are based. The Billing Contact will be emailed an invoice on a monthly basis. For tax calculation, Megaport uses the country specified in the Billing Address linked to the billing market. When you enable a market in the UK, Australia, or Singapore, you might be required to provide additional information needed to calculate an accurate tax rate. For example:
- United Kingdom – Answer whether you have registered for the value added tax (VAT). Registered users must provide their VAT registration number. If yes, confirm whether you have personnel in the UK who use Megaport services.
- Australia or Singapore – Answer whether the legal entity or branch that uses Megaport services is registered for the goods and services tax (GST). Registered users must provide their GST registration number.
See the Customer Onboarding topic for finance forms that could be required for your business.
Complete all fields for the company details:
Company Legal Name – The legal registered company name that appears in your profile.
Company Registration No. – The tax or VAT registration number as required per region.
Invoice Purchase Order Number – An optional PO number for tracking. This number is optional and appears on all invoices related to its market.
Enable Similar Markets (optional) – You can apply the current configuration to other billing markets that support the same currency and invoice language. For example, if you configure USD as the currency for Australia, any other markets using USD and the same invoice language will appear here. Select the appropriate check boxes to apply the new configuration to each market.
Due to VAT restrictions, this option is not available for European markets.
Select the check box to accept the terms of the Global Services Agreement.
Click Enable Market.
To edit an existing billing market
Click the Edit Market icon next to your preferred billing market(s).
Make the appropriate updates and click Save.
Accepted currencies vary for each billing market. In most markets, the US dollar (USD) is available as the secondary currency. For example, the Singapore billing market offers the option of billing in both Singapore dollars (SGD) and USD.
Once you have chosen a currency, it cannot be changed.
|Billing Market||Local Currency Accepted||USD Accepted?||Other Currencies Accepted|