Introducing Megaport ONE
Welcome to Megaport ONE, the complete end-to-end solution for ordering, provisioning, and orchestrating network services and cloud compute resources.
Megaport ONE provides businesses and service providers a way to discover, spin-up, and connect IT resources, services, and locations—irrespective of the technology stack. This single, co-branded, multi-tenant Software as a Service (SaaS) and Network as a Service (NaaS) platform connects and manages complex infrastructure and operations.
With the continuous emergence of hybrid and multi-cloud environments and new network technology, managing global networks is more challenging than ever. Megaport ONE’s neutral and unified orchestration management platform enables fast adaptation to evolving infrastructure and operations in these ways:
Enterprises can manage multiple technology stacks and provide executives with greater visibility.
Data center operators (DCOs) can support the top cloud service providers (CSPs) while integrating their core services to remain competitive.
Managed service providers (MSPs) can manage and automate internal solutions built on multiple technology stacks, while delivering consistent services to customers.
Network service providers (NSPs) can expand their network assets while automating provisioning and compute resources.
The Megaport ONE solution
Megaport ONE provides the neutrality, flexibility, and simplicity of a single platform to streamline cloud deployments with the orchestration of distributed edge, core, and cloud resources, improving their cost efficiency and performance.
Now you not only have the Megaport NaaS offerings at your disposal, but an entire SaaS platform. This combination of a full NaaS integration with the SaaS platform creates a future-proof network foundation and an orchestration tool to simplify operations at scale.
|Orchestrate||Discover, manage, and provision high-performance network connectivity, cloud, edge, and compute/GPU resources easily in one place.|
|Network||Automate the provisioning of pre-lit infrastructure and benefit from a global private backbone network spanning more than 700 points-of-presence (PoPs) and more than 300 providers.|
|Enable||Deploy Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs), cloud-native applications, and GPU-destined workloads with real-time reporting and analytics.|
Megaport ONE key benefits:
Extensive compute resources - Spin up a myriad of public, private, and hybrid infrastructure resources from the edge to the cloud. Deploy large artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) workloads using a combination of high-speed compute and low-latency networking at scale. Modernize your applications and infrastructure to continuously deliver better software to production.
Single pane of glass - Megaport ONE provides visibility and control into all infrastructure, including hybrid cloud and multicloud environments.
Artificial intelligence - Predictive insights help with strategic resource planning and smart capacity management.
Bring your own cloud keys, applications, and APIs - Facilitate cloud consumption and application repositories (public repositories, private repositories, custom repositories) for one-click, load-balanced application delivery.
Integrate your third-party platforms - Bring your customer’s systems into the platform seamlessly.
Co-branded portal and integrated billing - Offer a self-service, co-branded interconnection experience to your customers. Megaport ONE allows a high level of customization that includes header logos, favicons, avatars, custom color palette, and a customer-branded subdomain. Integrate your native infrastructure services for increased consumption.
The Megaport network
In addition to SaaS orchestration of your infrastructure and operations, Megaport ONE provides access to the Megaport suite of NaaS solutions, including on-premises to cloud, cloud-to-cloud, and branch-to-cloud connectivity. This network enables fast, flexible, and on-demand connectivity to hundreds of global services with an extensive footprint throughout Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, and the Middle East.
You can use this global network by creating a high-speed interface called a Port (sometimes referred to as a Megaport). By creating a Port, you provision point-to-point connections between any of your own locations or to a connected Cloud Service Provider (CSP). You can also connect to any other service that is accessible through the Megaport network.
Since the network is managed through software, you can set up a new connection or change an existing connection in less than a minute. You can deploy and manage services through the Megaport ONE Portal or API.
Easy, flexible, and on-demand
- As your business demands change, you can easily increase or decrease your bandwidth at any time.
- Create and run a global network with or without the need for physical infrastructure.
- The Megaport network uses a pay-as-you-go service model. Connections can range from 1 Mbps to 20 Gbps, depending on the data center.
- Flexible contract terms that align with cloud consumption models.
- Provision direct connectivity to the leading cloud and network providers on the Megaport network.
- Connect to multiple cloud providers and cloud regions from a single interconnection point for cost-effective multi-region redundancy.
Secure and private connectivity
- Establish seamless, point-to-point connectivity between regions and CSPs from your physical data center without the need to own and manage hardware.
- Keep your traffic secure when connecting between metros, regions, and countries.
- The Megaport backbone network does not traverse the internet. All CSP connections are enabled through their dedicated partner connections and fully integrated with CSP APIs.
- Deploy scalable bandwidth between your data centers for storage backup and replication.
- Manage your connectivity autonomously and optimize your workflow using Megaport ONE’s API.
- Ports – High-speed Ethernet interfaces (1 Gbps, 10 Gbps, and 100 Gbps) that connect to the Megaport network.
- Virtual Cross Connects (VXCs) – Connection between any two endpoints on the Megaport network. Most connections support capacity ranging from 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps. Within the same metro, some high-capacity ports can support up to 20 Gbps connections.
- Megaport Cloud Routers (MCRs) – Virtual router for on-demand, private, Layer 3 connectivity to service providers between key global routing zones.
- Megaport Virtual Edges (MVEs) – On-demand Network Functions Virtualization service that supports branch-to-cloud connectivity on the Megaport ONE SDN. MVE provides the edge-computing framework to deploy SD-WAN gateways, virtual routers, and integrated transit gateways.
- Internet Exchanges (IXs) – Connect to content and services across multiple regions, exchanging traffic directly and reducing bandwidth usage on client internet connections.