Creating a Child Tenant Account
This topic describes how to add child tenant accounts under a root tenant.
A root tenant user with Company Admin privileges creates child tenant accounts and onboards child tenant account users.
- All child tenant accounts must be created as new.
- You cannot convert an existing Megaport customer account to a Megaport ONE child tenant account, and a child tenant account cannot be converted to a Megaport direct customer account.
- When a Company Admin creates a child tenant account, it is configured without any settings by default and instead inherits its configuration from the root tenant default settings. For default settings, see What Tenants Can View and Access.
To create a child tenant account
Log in to a root tenant account with Company Admin privileges.
Click the Company Name at the top of the menu on the left.
Click Create Child Tenant.
Provide these details:
- Child Tenant Name – Specify a unique name for the account that is easily identifiable, particularly if you plan on having more than one account. The description length is from 1 to 128 characters. To keep the company name anonymous, enter an alias name.
- Child Tenant Account UID – Enter the child tenant account UID. The root tenant assigns a unique UID to each child tenant account. The UID length is from 1 to 128 characters. The UID is typically an identifier used in root tenant systems (for example, CRM or billing). The UID is shown on the invoices under Your Reference. The UID also identifies the account in email notifications.
- Technical Support Team Phone Number – Enter the phone number of the child tenant’s internal support team. The phone number must start with a +, have a number immediately following the +, then any combination of only + and space up to 20 characters.
Technical Support Team Email – Enter the email address of the child tenant’s internal support team.
Megaport ONE requires a technical support phone number and technical support email address for Megaport-supported accounts, but they are optional for root tenant-supported accounts.
Click Create Tenant.
You can create as many child tenant accounts as you like.
The accounts appear on the Tenants page. You can search for a child tenant by name.
Click the child tenant and confirm the switch from a root tenant to a child tenant to view the child account dashboard and all configured account services, such as Ports. For details, see The Dashboard.
To change any of the account details after the child tenant account has been created, a root tenant user needs to change to the child tenant account then navigate to Settings > General, click Edit, and then make the required changes.
Now that you’ve created a child tenant account, the next steps are to add users and order services, such as Ports, Virtual Cross Connects (VXCs), Megaport Virtual Edges (MVEs), and so on.
See Adding and Modifying Child Tenant Account Users for details on adding and managing users.
See Networking Quick Start - Root or Child Tenants for details on new service orders for root tenants or child tenant users.