Adding and Modifying Child Tenant Account Users
Root tenant users with Company Admin permissions can create and edit child tenant account users, assign roles, and activate/deactivate users.
To create a new user
- Log in to a root tenant account with Company Admin privileges.
Choose Tenant > Settings.
Click Invite User.
Complete all fields.
The user email address is required for registration.
The role determines what actions the user can perform in the Portal through their access permissions. For details about the user roles, see Managing User Roles.
Click Create User.
When you create a new user, the Portal sends the user an email with instructions for creating a password and logging in.
If a child tenant account user does not receive the set password notification or it has expired, they can go to Portal login screen and select the Forgot Password option using the same email address to generate the reset password email.
For existing users, you can edit the user profile and also activate and deactivate access. This allows for both pre-provisioning, fast enablement, and suspension of user access to the Portal.
To modify an existing user
- From the Users page, find the user to modify.
You can use the filter at the top of the page to focus the list.
- Click the gear icon next to the account and select Edit User.
- After making changes, click Update User.
To deactivate a user
- From the Users page, find the user to deactivate.
You can use the filters at the top of the page to focus the list.
- Click the gear icon for the user entry and select Deactivate User.
- Type DEACTIVATE in all caps and click Deactivate to confirm.